Twenty-Third Meeting of the GMS Subregional Transport Forum
The Twenty-third Meeting of the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) Subregional Transport Forum (STF-23) was held in Bangkok, Thailand on 14–15 August 2019. The theme for the forum was “Expanding GMS Transport Cooperation to Vital Multi-sector Concerns.”
The objectives of the forum were to:
- review the status and update the pipeline of GMS transport sector projects in the GMS Regional Investment Framework (RIF) 2022;
- review efforts toward increasing the private sector’s engagement in implementing Transport Sector Strategy 2030;
- review the progress of the GMS Cross Border Transport Facilitation Agreement (CBTA) “Early Harvest” implementation;
- review the progress of work and plans for the Greater Mekong Railway Association (GMRA);
- review further efforts toward enhancing road safety in GMS countries;
- share specific country experiences in highway development; and
- discuss other topics that have a bearing on the GMS transport sector.
The forum was chaired by Mr. Chirute Visalachitra, Deputy Permanent Secretary, MOT, Thailand and co-chaired by Mr. Hiroaki Yamaguchi, Director, Southeast Asia Department Transport and Communications Division, ADB.